I had my next doctor's visit today, and the baby is continuing to progress well. I measured at 29 cm, which is right where I should be at this stage in the pregnancy, and her heartbeat was good and strong. The results from my glucose test came back normal, so that was a relief, too! As a special Valentine's present, I got a shot of Rogam (Matt prefers to call it the Seth Rogan shot) in the side of my butt, because I am RH-negative. Oh, the joys of pregnancy.
The only bad thing going on right now is that I have a rash all over my torso and neck, and it's very, very itchy. It looks as terrible as it feels, like I have the chicken pox. I'm not sure if I can accurately describe the level of itchiness, but I would compare it to 4,000 mosquito bites combined with a peeling sunburn. It has been waking me up at night, and it's all I can do to keep myself from scratching all day long. The midwife I saw today was one of my favorites so far, and she had my liver and kidney functions tested to rule out any problems there. She suspects my liver and kidneys are fine, and that I have this condition called PUPPS (no relation to cute, cuddly puppies), which is a rash that comes on during the third trimester and lasts until birth. There isn't any known cause, NOR IS THERE ANY TREATMENT!! All I can do is treat the symptoms with anti-itch creams, powders, oatmeal baths, etc. I am feeling pretty down in the dumps about it, because it's hard enough to accept all the changes to my body as it gets larger and larger, but now that it's covered in red welts, I'm feeling like an itchy leper.
One quick story for comic relief - Matt came with me to get my blood drawn for the liver and kidney tests, and when we came out of the lab, he asked if we could sit down for a minute. I looked at him and realized that he was as white as a sheet! Apparently he had watched them draw my blood and it made him woozy. Fortunately I have a wide variety of snacks in my purse that I was able to share with him, and he even ate one of my anti-nausea lollipops. I'm a little concerned about how he'll do in labor and delivery!
Matt and I went to Buttered Noodles over the weekend, and we have a small in-store registry set up there now. They don't have a website yet, so the majority of our registry is on amazon.com.
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! Matt surprised me with a Pandora bracelet this morning, which was really sweet. I'm lucky to have such an awesome hubby! We leave on vacation for Florida tomorrow, so pray for our safe travels.
No comments:
Post a Comment