Friday, February 11, 2011

28 Weeks - Quite a Day

Today marks 28 weeks in the pregnancy at the end of a sad week.  We lost my grandfather on Monday to brain cancer, and his funeral was today.  He lived every day of his life in such a positive, energetic way and we will do our best to carry on his legacy.  At the funeral, our little girl was moving all over in my belly, and I have no doubt that Grandpa Hank was watching over us with a smile.  One of the biggest blessings is that we've had a wonderful time seeing a lot of family that we haven't seen in years, and it's been so much fun to be together over the past week.

I have been continuing to feel good, but I have developed a very itchy belly this week.  I will be asking the doctor about it at my next appointment on Monday, but I just want to say that it's really annoying.  Imagine a peeling sunburn or a nasty rash from your shoulders to your hips that itches constantly...not fun!  While I'm whining, I had my glucose tolerance test done on Wednesday, and the juice that I had to drink was disgusting.  I had to sit there for an hour while my body processed the glucose, and I really didn't enjoy the floaty-headed feeling that I had from it.  I haven't heard anything about the results, but I think we'll discuss that at my appointment on Monday, as well.

Enough crabby pregnant lady talk.  Next week, we're heading to Florida on vacation!  Yippee!  We are looking forward to having some time to relax together and enjoy the sunshine for one last time before our little one arrives.  We do love our vacations, so we hope we can continue to travel as a family of three in the coming years. 

The baby is now the size of a Chinese cabbage, weighing 2 1/4 pounds and almost 15 inches long.  Apparently she is able to blink and has eyelashes (let's hope she gets those from her dad, because his are nice and long!).  We are officially in the third trimester, which is very hard to believe.  I'm starting to feel more and more crunched for time, and I'm sure these final 12 week are going to fly by.  I'm also a little nervous about how big I'm going to get, because the baby does a lot of growing in the final trimester.  Here are my belly photos from this week (pardon my appearance - it's at the end of a long and draining day):

1 comment:

  1. Are you using cocoa butter on your stomach? I have been using the body butter and lotion every day almost twice a day and am itch-free so far. I guess it's pretty common. One of my friends also recommended peppermint lotion, but the cocoa butter helps prevent stretch marks. I'm so jealous of your trip next week and I'm thinking about your family.

    ReplyDelete