Tuesday, April 17, 2018

POTTY SUCCESS!!

This week I have to be that Mom that brags about her kid's bathroom habits.  But YAY NOAH!!!  He has continued to rock the potty training.  He has even had success with #2 on the potty after a few uncomfortable days of...ahem...not going.  We are so proud of our big guy!


FIRST POOP ON THE POTTY!!

Unfortunately, Noah's poop wasn't the only kind of poop we dealt with last week.  There was a mouse in the house!  Matt saw it run across the living room, and then it went missing for 24 hours.  I found icky mouse evidence in our oven drawer the next morning, and then I saw it go running across the living room the next night.  Yes, I screamed!  Several traps were set, and it was bye-bye mouse that night.


Evie was home from school for most of the week because she still wasn't feeling well.  She ended up having a fever over 100 degrees for 5 days, and we just had to ride it out.  I knew she was feeling better on Day 6 when she asked to go out for a bike ride!




The weather over the weekend was anti-Spring.  Ice, freezing rain, gray, slush...YUCK!  All plans were cancelled due to risky traveling conditions.  No fishing on opening day of trout season for Matt, no baptism for sweet baby Emily.  Matt gets credit for dragging us out of the house for a hike before the rain started, and it was just what everyone needed.  Especially, because my coping mechanism for the weather was carbs - homemade donuts and 6 feet of bread (from the cancelled baptism).









It's funny how much you appreciate the everyday stuff after a week of sickness.  I loved spending some time with Noah's school friends on a field trip to ECHO and volunteering in Evie's class with the Four Winds program!




And here are a few other cute moments to wrap up the week. 
Bedtime snuggles

Have you heard? Matt packs the best lunch!

Playing school with Evie.  My backpack fits perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment