I like to think of myself as a hardy Vermonter, but the past week has been brutal. For the first time I can remember, school was cancelled on Friday because the wind chills were so dangerously cold. Desperate times call for desperate measures - we watched a lot of movies, went to the mall (twice), had lots of indoor play time, built a gingerbread house that never got built at Christmastime, and went ice skating. And we booked a trip to Florida for February. We survived, but everyone is looking forward to getting some fresh air and enjoying the snow soon!
 |
| Oh hey...It's me, just making sure I have no exposed skin when I go outside. The school bus driver asked me if I'm going to build an igloo! |
 |
| Legitimately freezing |
 |
| This was the coldest wind chill we saw! |
 |
| Matt and Evie attempting frozen bubbles |
 |
| Frozen bubbles - pretty cool! |
 |
| Matt's freezing cold run |
 |
| This scene is great, except when it lasts for 2 weeks straight! |
 |
| Entertainment at the mall |
 |
| Snacks at the mall |
 |
| Out-of-season gingerbread construction |
 |
| Some fun creative play |
 |
| Evie is getting tall, but she's still not as big as my CVS receipt! |
 |
| OMG...they aren't fighting! |
 |
| Ice skating success! |
 |
| Evie is going to learn to ski this winter! Woo hoo! |
I'll put in a little plug that Evie is selling Girl Scout cookies for the first time this year. Give us a shout if you would like to order some, or you can place an order online. We're happy to deliver to anyone that is local!
https://DigitalCookie.GirlScouts.org/scout/evelyn81971
No comments:
Post a Comment