Baby Girl is 27 weeks today, and it's the final week of the second trimester. She weighs almost 2 pounds, which is as much as a head of cauliflower weighs! She isn't much longer than she was last week at 14 1/2 inches, but her brain development is continuing rapidly, and she's starting to do some cool things like sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and sucking her fingers. I also read that I may begin to feel her have the hiccups, but I haven't experienced it yet!
I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and everything looks good with the baby. She has a healthy heartbeat and they are happy that she's so active. My appointments will now be every two weeks since we're getting closer to the end, and I have my glucose test to check for gestational diabetes a week from today. From what I've heard, I will have to drink some sugary gross liquid and they'll test my blood after an hour to see how well my body is processing it. Fun!
I'm feeling good, and now that January is over, I can officially declare it the first month since August when I didn't throw up! I was also reminded that this means I haven't thrown up in 2011, so it's been a good year. My only discomfort at this point is my back gets kind of achy, especially after sitting at work or driving a lot. Don't worry, Matt obliges my requests for back rubs whenever I ask, and I have a gift certificate for a prenatal massage! Here are the 27 week belly photos:
We have been working on our online registry at amazon.com, and we are still planning to do an in-store registry at Buttered Noodles in Williston when they get their system up and running. It's amazing how much stuff is "needed" for a baby! I'm going to pick up some paint samples this weekend so we can hopefully decide on a color and get the room painted soon, and then get the furniture assembled and ready to go. I don't feel the strong "nesting instinct" that some pregnant women talk about, but I am getting a little antsy to have things in their place.
On a different note, I humbly request your prayers for my grandfather and for those of us who love him dearly. As I've mentioned before, he is battling brain cancer and we pray that he is able to remain comfortable and peaceful as he goes through this difficult time.
For the glucose test, I would suggest two things. 1. Take the orange flavored drink. It tastes like really bad flat orange soda or one of those sugary kids drinks. 2. Drink so much water before you go that you think you're going to burst. Not drinking anything for an hour was bad enough, but 10 minutes into it I got really bad cotton mouth and a head ache since it was so sugary. It felt like I had sucked on a million lollipops. Good luck! You look fantastic by the way!
ReplyDelete