Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Bikers and pumpkins

Our Halloween costumes have kind of matched our theme for the week - Bikers and Pumpkins.  We had the chance to dress up as a family for a Halloween party over the weekend, and Matt and I dressed as bikers (two different types - funny for those who have seen the movie Supertroopers!).  Noah had some costume stress and ultimately decided to be a biker that night, too.  Evie was an inflatable pumpkin to match her crazy gappy smile, and she also had costume stress when we realized that the fan for her costume was broken.  Luckily we were saved by an extra fan from Aunt Pea's house, and we all made it to the party.


The kids' favorite feature at the party - the amazing array of candy!



Our "spooky snack" came out pretty good!  


This is the face I use with my kids when they need to GO TO BED!

Back to the biking theme.  Noah asked me to take him to the mountain bike pump track at Maple Street Park last week.  I obliged, even though he had only been riding without training wheels for 6 days.  He astounded me with his skills, riding lap after lap around the track!  All the biking has definitely made him more exhausted, though.  Since he will only nap when he falls asleep in the car, I've downloaded some great podcasts, and I drive around town listening while he naps in the back.  I've toured lots of side streets of Essex in the past week!







Mountain bike garb
Bikers also get hungry and eat their ENTIRE lunch at school!  
 Another bike moment of the week was celebrating our nephew Colby's birthday, and his big gift was...a new bike!



On to the pumpkin theme - we have read books about pumpkins, painted pumpkins, and carved pumpkins!  Evie loved it all; Noah loved painting but did not like the smell of the pumpkins when they were cut open, so he wanted no part of pumpkin carving.  Evie was so sweet to carve Noah's pumpkin for him after she did her own.






Matt's carving
I used a pumpkin drill for my design this year - fun!


Evie's pumpkin

Hard at work

In other news...it snowed.  Several times last week.  The mountain looks beautiful, but I'm not quite ready for it yet!

Cozy indoor fort for a gray day

And more biking at home, despite the dreary weather

No comments:

Post a Comment