Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Life is sunny in second grade

Evie is loving life as a second grader!  It has been easy to tell, because she comes home after school in a cheerful mood and tells us all about her awesome teacher and the fun things they have been doing at school.  We got to witness it first-hand at her Open House last week, and it made my heart very happy.  She was proud to be our tour guide, and couldn't wait to show us her projects and play a math game with Noah.  That big smile says it all!
Evie's desk at school

Playing a math game with Noah at open house

"I hope that I become a better writer. I hope I learn to spell lots of words."



Speaking of that big smile...it's starting to get a little more gappy!  Evie lost a tooth last week, and she has two other loose ones that won't be far behind.  She's going to be in perfect form for Halloween!





Another special event for Evie was her Girl Scouts bridging ceremony.  She has graduated from a Daisy to a Brownie!


Fun time at the park after the bridging ceremony



Now that life has calmed down a bit, we have been enjoying a few Fall activities.  I have done lots of baking with apples - turnovers, apple crisp, muffins, apple chips, and apple sauce.  The kids LOVE using the apple peeler/corer, so I've had to get creative on how to use up all the apples!

Yummy fall dinner

Matt and the kids made it out for a hike on Saturday while I played flute at a wedding, and unfortunately, a few ticks hitchiked home with them.  Luckily, we found them before they had attached to any people or dogs, but eeeewwww.  Two of them were found crawling on Roscoe while he was laying on our bed!!


  
Yucky yucky tick

Matt liked my outfit - a combination of "concert black" from the wedding and comfy slippers for washing dishes!
Noah had to tag along to a lot of events for Evie last week, so he and Matt got to have a little Daddy-son time on Saturday at Construction Junction.  



Here's your chuckle for the week - the kids loved the face on this freezer at Sweet Clover Market.  They are doing their best impressions of the mustache face - Evie's face cracks me up!







No comments:

Post a Comment