I made the mistake of blinking my eyes, and suddenly our "baby" is four years old. We celebrated Noah's 4th Birthday on Sunday, and I still can't believe it! I have had the privilege of spending so many lovely days with just the two of us over the past year, playing trucks, building Legos, biking, reading, and making music together, and even though I try to hold on to those moments, time continues to march on. Noah has challenged my patience and sanity many days, yet his sweet and charming ways are what I remember the most. I especially love when he begs me for one more snuggle at bedtime or comes up and gives me a quick back rub, saying, "Back rubs always make you happy, right Mommy?" (The answer is YES!)

Like Evie, Noah celebrated his birthday over a few days, including his first time bowling, a family party, and popsicles with his friends at school. We have come to doubt the wisdom of our gift choice, as Noah's big birthday gift this year was a new drum set. He is completely thrilled, but I'm not so sure the neighbors feel the same way!
In addition to all the birthday festivities, Noah had his trike-a-thon at school to raise money for St. Jude's Children's Hospital, we continued our tradition of going to the Memorial Day Parade in Essex (it was a little wet this year!), and we were also excited to see Ally, Matt and Caroline and celebrate the purchase of their new camp on Lake Champlain!
 |
| Exhaustion struck on the way home from the lake! |
No comments:
Post a Comment