Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Kid party time

The highlight of our week was Evie's first "kid party" to celebrate her birthday.  Now that she has attended a few birthday parties, she realized it would be pretty fun to invite her friends from school over to celebrate with her.  Our friend Becca was the highlight of the party, painting faces for all of the girls.  We played Limbo, Freeze Dance, had crafts, a pinata and cupcakes.  It was everything Evie's almost 5-year-old heart desired, and all of the girls were so cute together!

Crafts
Painted faces!
Freeze Dance

Limbo

Gifts (lots of helpers!)





Enjoying her gifts the next morning

Detoxing from all the party food with some raw kale!

Matt and I also braved the Earl's Bike Swap and scored some new/used bikes for ourselves.  We've got to keep up with Evie, right?  We have already biked to Grandma and Grandpa's and Sweet Clover, and look forward to a summer full of bike rides.  We just have to figure out how Noah is going to ride along with us.


Another momentus occasion last week was Matt's first Jazzercise class, after I had been inviting him for years.  I was grateful for our friend Aaron's suggestion that the boys try a class, because it was the nudge Matt needed to actually do it.  I think he has a new appreciation for my workouts!


And, here are a few other cute moments from the week:

Girls date for maple creemees

Noah taking one last sit in the infant carseat before we pass it on to our friends.  I can't believe he used to fit in there!

Homemade popsicles

Ridiculous sunglasses

Dancing in the kitchen
And this is how we all felt by the time Sunday rolled around!





No comments:

Post a Comment