Tuesday, April 26, 2016

TYKTWD 2016 and Maple Fest

We had a couple of exciting events to highlight our week.  "Take your Kid to Work Day" at IBM is always a favorite for Matt and Evie, and this year did not disappoint.  Evie did a bunch of engineering activities - a photo mask project, bottle cap art, and chip packaging contest. Noah and I joined them to say hello and have lunch, and of course, I made my annual visit to my old office.  It is so strange to think about how different life was just 8 years ago, when I was still working there, yet certain hallways still felt really familiar.  I also found a picture of my grandfather - one of the original IBMers in Vermont!


Daddy's office
Mommy's ex-office
Grandpa Z and the original IBMers
Saturday, we took a family adventure to the Maple Festival in St. Albans.  With my love of maple, it's hard to believe that this was our first visit.  We ate so much food, the kids rode a few rides, Noah shoplifted a stuffed animal (WHAT!?) and Evie waited VERY patiently to get her face painted.  It was a great day of Vermont-y fun!



Here's the shoplifting story: we looked down at Noah in the stroller during the Maple Fest, and he had this stuffed animal in his hand.  We don't know when or how he got it, but we can only assume that he grabbed it as we walked past a carnival game.  Oops!

The rest of the week was spent outside enjoying the beautiful weather by playing at the park, sand table, biking, and even doing a little fishing.
Pizza beard

Playroom craziness

After two messy shirts, it was time to go skins!

Evie said to Matt, "Daddy, I love you.  But I love you even more when we go fishing together."  Awww!

Despite all the fun, smiling faces above, I have been feeling seriously defeated with the kids' behavior lately.  Noah is so screamy, and Evie has been sassy and pushing my buttons.  Sometimes I have to close my eyes and pray that my kids will turn out okay, because I feel like nothing else is working.

Evie made this sign for her door.  Translated, it reads "Private Property.  No people allowed."
Thankfully, there are redeeming moments that keep me going...Evie turned her mood around and made a sign for Noah's room that said, "I hope you love all the hard work."  When we opened the door, she had cleaned up all his toys and gotten out everything he needed for a diaper change and bedtime.  I'm glad to know my sweet girl is still in there, even on grumpy days!
Homemade play-doh creations
Snowman lunch for the kids by Chef Evie

No comments:

Post a Comment