My mom hit the nail on the head when she said, "I think Noah has decided he prefers being an only child!" Noah is busy, but mostly manageable when I have him alone. Lately, when I have had the two kids together, it has pushed me to the brink of crazy. Noah is back into a shrieking phase, which is incredibly grating, and he seems to react to every little thing that Evie does, even if she is just playing nicely on her own. He wants her chair, her toy, her snack, NOW! He did just get a new canine tooth, so I'm hopeful that I can blame his bad behavior on teething, as always.
Let me demonstrate. Sibling Noah:
 |
| Mad that he threw his yogurt bowl and spoon across the room and now it's gone |
 |
| Always climbing |
 |
| Spinning until they got dizzy and fell down |
And this is "only child" Noah:
 |
| Watching planes at the airport and waiting for Grandma and Grandpa |
 |
| Playing contentedly |
 |
| Helping with laundry |
As soon as Vermont decides it's finished with these April snow surprises and we can spend some more time outside, I think things will improve! Matt was a little bummed about opening day of trout season having more snow than Christmas morning.
Roscoe is the only one who isn't minding the fireplace-worthy weather!
I often feel sad that I can't give Evie as much attention as I want, because she is being good and Noah is getting into trouble. It really makes me appreciate the moments when I can treat her like an only child, too! We had kindergarten registration for her yesterday, and while it's hard to think about sending our baby off to kindergarten, her excitement and readiness are making it fun. She came home and had to re-enact kindergarten screening with her dolls, so I know she is processing it all!
 |
| Visiting baby Gianna (we didn't bring Noah along!) |
 |
| Swimming lessons! |
 |
| Lunch made by Evie. Delicious! |
 |
| A bike ride to the park with Daddy |
 |
| Sunday Funday at the park |
I can't believe evie is going to kindergarten!! tell her Carly says hi!
ReplyDeleteI can't either, Carly!! She is so excited and ready, thanks to all the time she spends with her older cousins, though! Xoxo
Delete