We have lots of cute pictures this week, but I'm going to tell you that there were a lot of not-photo-worthy moments, as well. Noah is back on a screaming streak, and it has taken every fiber of my being to not freak out at him. He isn't upset or crying when he screams, and honestly, his screaming makes no sense. The best explanation I have is that he is bored. Some days I handle it better than others, but there have been several instances of sitting in my car and bawling my eyes out with frustration lately. I think about all the things I used to accomplish, and these days I can't even complete a grocery trip. We have had to leave church, restaurants, the grocery store, and Noah even screamed so much in the car (after a wonderful trip to Ben and Jerry's) that he vomited. We are praying that this phase ends soon, but I'm a little worried as we enter the "terrible twos" on Friday.
| Brrrrr! |
On a happier note, we took the kids to see Raffi at the Flynn last week. He was famous when we were kids, and now he's celebrating the 40th anniversary of his first album. I was impressed by both his musical talent and his real, honest humility that came through in his music. It was a fun time for all of us!
We also ventured out to forage for fiddleheads. Fiddleheads are a special kind of baby fern that is edible (tastes kind of like asparagus), and they only grow for a week or so before they become full ferns. Evie loved the hike, picking fiddleheads, the whole thing. And most surprising, she asked for THIRDS when we had them for dinner!
Despite the busy week, we also squeezed in some time to have fun with cousins over the weekend!
Here are a few of our most recent Birdie Lou photos. We love the vibrant spring colors, and we're happy to have these reminders of how precious our kids are, even when they don't act like it. It's hard to believe that the "baby" of our family turns 2 on Friday!















No comments:
Post a Comment