Tuesday, September 2, 2014

3 Months Old, First Week of School Recap

To be honest, it's been kind of a tough week emotionally.  Sending Evie off to school was hard on the first day, but I thought it would get easier from there.  It is an adjustment for us to not know the details of every minute of her day (like we do when she's at grandma's house), and when we picked Evie up from school, her teacher reported that she was "very hungry" on her first day at school and she told her teacher that she never had breakfast!  When Matt went to drop Evie off for her second day, she had a complete meltdown, and he had to peel her off him so he could leave.  Just hearing about this got me crying again.  I had a moment of wondering why we're sending her to school, if she doesn't like it, I don't like it, and it costs us a fair amount of money!  But, when I picked her up at the end of the day, her teacher said she was fine before Matt even left the parking lot, and she had a great day.  Evie seemed happy when I picked her up, so we will see how week #2 goes...but I have hope that we'll all settle in soon.


In the blink of an eye, our little guy is 3 months old.  Our arms and our backs are telling us that he's a big boy, so we did an unofficial weight for Noah at 3 months, and he weighs 16 pounds!  I had to look back and see what Evie weighed at this age, and she was only 11 lbs. 8 oz.  All I can say is that I'm going to have some rock-solid arm muscles thanks to Noah!

Overall, Noah is doing great.  He's generally good-natured, loves to be held and likes to constantly be moving, although sometimes he has these inconsolable screaming fits.  I can't figure out if it's some reflux/tummy issues or if he's just being a normal baby.  Too bad he can't talk!  Usually we can give him a little gripe water and it'll take the edge off.  Sadly for us, Noah isn't consistently sleeping through the night yet, although, I'd say about half of the time he does.  If/when he wakes up, it's usually between 3-4am to eat and go right back to sleep.  We got so spoiled with Evie's amazing sleep as a baby that we think this is "bad", but I'm pretty sure we're still among the lucky ones!


Noah smiles at us so much, and we finally caught a picture of his truly infectious smile:
'
Since I was looking back at the blog from 2011, I couldn't help but notice that Evie and Noah do share some family resemblance.  Is it their nose and mouth that's the same?  They're definitely siblings, and I can't wait to see how much they look alike as Noah gets bigger.

Speaking of infectious smiles, we went back to the fair for a second time over the weekend, this time with Evie's cousins.  She had even more fun because she had some buddies to ride with her on the kid rides.  I remember these moments from my childhood, and it's been so much fun to re-experience it all with Evie.

We also had a great time celebrating our little friend Garrett's first birthday, complete with crazy party hats!

Matt has had a busy week of gigs with King Me, and Evie and I were able have a "girls date" and go to On Tap to hear him play.  We feel so lucky to have so much babysitting help which makes these things possible! 





Some good bonding time while daddy was at his gigs

Matt wasn't the only one playing his instrument this week - I also made it back into the fold of the SMC choir, playing my flute not once, but twice over the weekend!  Hooray!  I didn't realize how much I had missed it until I was back with the group making music.  I'm looking forward to playing more regularly now that the semester has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment