Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Signs of Fall

Nothing says Fall like lazy Saturday mornings in pajamas (complete with pumpkin pancakes), football, and apple picking.  Throw a cider donut or two in there, and I'm a happy mama!






Even though we look like the idyllic family at the apple orchard, it was super windy and Noah was SCREAMING when we first started out.  I ended up having to nurse him in the front carrier while walking through the orchard and picking apples.  When this boy gets hungry, there is no holding him off!  Good thing I practiced front-carrier nursing in the orchard, because I had to repeat the nursing in the front carrier routine in the middle of the produce section at the grocery store yesterday.  Never in a million years would I have imagined whipping out my boob next to the brussels sprouts and kale.  I was thinking of all the weird places I've had to nurse Noah, and here are some of my favorites:
  • In the loft of a dairy barn
  • Front seat of the car
  • Church (both inside and outside)
  • Great Harvest Bread
  • Maple Street Park
  • Chapin Orchard
  • Hannaford produce section
Evie had her first visit to the dentist last week, and while she was a little nervous, she did great!  She wanted to sit on my lap the whole time, but she was easily bribed by the new princess toothbrush and floss and two prizes from the prize box.  The hygienist even took our picture with a polaroid camera at the end!

My mom and I ended up having an awesome day in Burlington with the kids last week.  My car had to go in for a recall, and we decided to stay in Burlington and kill some time while it was in the shop.  We went to Oakledge Park, where we played on the playground, at the beach, and in the tree house, then we went to Great Harvest Bread and up to Church Street for lunch.  Initially, it seemed like a huge hassle to get my car in to the shop, and instead it turned out to be a wonderful day. 

Evie is still very much a Daddy's girl, and they have lots of fun together - here they are tying flies and skateboarding!

And happy 17 weeks to Noah this week!  His 4-month checkup is Friday, so we will have all his stats next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment