Happy 15 weeks to Noah! Big milestones for this week are that he has rolled over from his belly to his back, and he has also discovered his voice. It's loud and very screechy! Hopefully the novelty wears off soon, because our ears hurt.
In addition to the tummy time, we've also been trying a little sitting up time with Noah, which he seems to enjoy. He still slumps over very easily (I would too if I had a head like that!), so we'll keep working on building his sitting muscles. Honestly, I wouldn't have realized he was ready to work on sitting up if I hadn't read the Baby Center email last week!
We thought it was pretty funny that Evie's legs are still skinny enough to fit in the Bumbo seat!
Starting to enjoy baby toys!
Evie had a good second week at school. She gets a little sad in the morning before she leaves for school, but she did better with the drop-offs and was in a great mood both days when I picked her up. Her quirky behavior for this week is that she kept telling the teacher that she had to go potty (she said Evie probably went 10 times in the 4 hours she was there!). The first week of school she asked for snacks all day, the second week involved excessive potty breaks...what will the third week bring? We tried to keep our non-school days at home as fun/normal as possible by going to the park, the pool, playing in the play room, and we ended the week with maple creemees at Palmer's. All of you Vermonters MUST try the maple creemee with maple sprinkles!
Cute sibling time!
Unfortunately, Evie took a faceplant on the sidewalk after one of our pool trips. I almost cried because I felt so bad for her! She had a bloody nose, a fat lip, and lots of road rash. Poor girl!
Road rash, puffy cheek, and fat lip
Side view of road rash on her cheek
Last but not least, happy birthday to me last Saturday! The weather was not great, with humidity as thick as pea soup, but we made the best of it by going for a family walk in the morning, taking Evie to a friend's birthday party in the afternoon, and celebrating with my family in the evening. My birthday makes me reflect on the past year, and it's amazing to think that a year ago I was just finding out that I was pregnant. My hair is shedding like crazy as part of the post-partum hormonal "adjustment" and I've got some weight to lose, but I am more focused on how grateful I am to have these two beautiful babies. The other stuff will get back to normal with time.
Oh, and Roscoe is in the dog house. Big time. When I took the kids to the neighborhood picnic, he had a separation anxiety "episode." I don't know what went wrong, but he freaked out and ate every morsel of food he could find, including: the last slice of my leftover birthday cake (UGH!), a ladybug cookie, gummy bears and swedish fish (Evie's party favors - she was devastated!), peanut butter crackers, trail mix, and a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin. Then he peed and pooped in the middle of the living room. All in 45 minutes! I almost lost my sh** when I came home to this, combined with Evie sobbing and Noah screaming to eat. We got through it and my glass of wine afterward was well-deserved!
No comments:
Post a Comment