Tuesday, April 29, 2014

36 Weeks and our future IBMer


We've made it to 36 weeks, and I can tell the baby is getting larger.  I'm getting the huge pointy belly look, and my shirts are starting to have a gap at the bottom!  Baby G is about 6 pounds and 18.5 inches long now, so there is a lot of baby in there.  I had a visit with the midwives last week, and I will continue to go every week until the birth.  No big news to report, and there are no signs that the little guy is going to be coming any time soon.  Time to settle in for a few more weeks, I guess!  

They say that husbands sometimes gain sympathy weight...what do you think?!  He's ALL belly.

Meanwhile, I'm still kind of nesting.  We've been unpacking baby gear, our friends loaned us an awesome double stroller, and I have been in a cleaning-out mode.  Here I am cleaning out the linen closet.  Geez, maybe we will have to have more kids so I'll have the motivation to do these sorts of projects in another few years!


We have had lots of April showers, but we are hopeful that May will bring some warmer, sunnier days.  I am starting to become the perpetually overheated pregnant lady, so even though I don't love the cloudy days, I'm relieved that it isn't too hot yet!

Evie had a special day with Daddy last week on "Take Your Kid to Work Day" at IBM.  They did some fun hands-on activities, checked out the IBM fire trucks and ambulances, visited Daddy's and Grandpa's offices, and of course, had lunch at the IBM cafeteria.  Fun, fun!



We had to get her out of there after a couple hours, before she turned into a REAL geek!  :-)

I don't think Evie knows that anything has changed with my job situation, but it certainly was funny when she decided on this book to read.  I guess I needed a good laugh about the situation!

We also had the annual Guzowski family Easter egg hunt over the weekend.  There are lots of tricky clues to find our baskets.  Grandpa Tom is the unbelievable mastermind behind the whole thing, and we have a great time every year!  







Carly had to use this as a "measuring device!"



Thank you Grandpa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment