Here we are at 34 weeks, slowly ticking closer to the due date. I had a visit with the midwives last week, and everything looks great with the baby. It was an interesting visit, because there was a med student with our midwife, so we got to hear her explain exactly how they can feel the different parts of the baby, how they measure, etc. Baby is still head down, moving quite a bit, measuring right on track, and I hadn't realized it, but I guess I'm having some braxton hicks contractions (as noted when my midwife said to the med student, "feel this - this is a braxton hicks contraction!"). I will now have midwife visits every two weeks, and then I'll start going every week at the beginning of May. It's a funny way to measure time, but I realized that the due date is coming quickly when I was grocery shopping today and the expiration date of the orange juice and half-n-half were after the baby's due date! We'd better hurry up and wash some baby clothes before the orange juice expires! :-)
In other baby news, I had fun celebrating my friend Jenny's baby shower over the weekend. She is due two weeks after I am, and we are both expecting boys, so I'm hoping for some "play dates" this summer to keep both mommies sane!
It was also opening weekend of trout season this past weekend, which is always an exciting day for Matt. Unfortunately the river conditions weren't great after a long winter, so I have no fish pictures to share!
Evie and I had fun enjoying the nice weather while Matt was out fishing. I was pretty proud of myself for going on a 2-mile walk while pushing the jogger and walking Roscoe, but honestly, I felt great. We also have gotten the sand table back out and have had lots of picnics on the back patio. The sunshine has been glorious, and all the fresh air has translated to longer naps and a little bit of sleeping in for Evie (and us!).
We have spent a fewer hours than normal doing our usual indoor activities, but there was still time for baking and hanging out with Roscoe!








No comments:
Post a Comment