To be honest, I struggled for a few days this past week. I have been moody and irritable, and not feeling physically great, either. I blame the hormones! The end is near, yet the thought of 7 more weeks of discomfort, lack of energy, and poor sleep feel like too much to handle some days. My biggest physical complaint this week is abdominal discomfort that feels like my abdominal muscles (or at least where they used to be located!) are being stretched and torn from the inside out. I assume this is just "growing pains", but it makes it hard to get comfortable in most positions, including for sleeping. Is the little guy curled up in a ball and trying to come out through my belly button? One nice thing was that I had a wonderful massage on Saturday which helped me feel better both mentally and physically. I have also really appreciated everyone who has asked me how I'm doing and feeling - it means a lot to me, and lifts me up when I'm feeling like I won't make it to the finish line!
| Evie, I'd kill for those abs right about now! |
![]() |
| She didn't want to be left out of 33 week belly shots |
Evie felt like it was bathing suit weather when it was 43 degrees out, and she stayed outside like that the entire time Matt grilled dinner. I feel like most Vermonters can relate to that feeling after the winter we've had!
A new package of goodies from Great Aunt Mary is making Evie get excited for Easter - we'll be coloring eggs soon and can't wait for Grandpa Tom's epic egg hunt!
We are happy to have come to a decision about preschool for Evie in the fall - she'll be going to CPEC in Essex Junction which felt like a good fit for her and our family. We had to laugh, because we introduced ourselves to the school director for the tour, and Evie informed her that her name was actually "Evie Bird." She has been in a phase of calling herself that (as well as Mommy Bird, Daddy Bird, and Roscoe Bird), and the preschool director was kind enough to call her by that name for the entire tour!
![]() |
| Mommy Bird and her little Evie Bird |









Erin, I know what you are saying!!! Carrying babies is no easy task. With Ian, my second, I thought all of the same things you are thinking. Trust me, if we ever want another baby I would also want to adopt!!! My body gets so out of whack while being preggers :( I know this is overstated but hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear I'm not the only pregnancy hater out there! Thanks for the encouragement!
Delete