Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Easter and 35 Weeks

Happy Easter!  I'll start with pregnancy news, but don't worry, there are tons of Easter photos below.

I am 35 weeks pregnant, and as of yesterday, we have ONE MONTH until the due date!  I think I'm going to make it to the finish line, even though I was feeling doubtful a couple weeks ago.  The dresser for the nursery arrived last week, which allowed me to get the baby clothes put away and helped pacify my nesting instinct.  The little guy is still very active, and loves to get the hiccups at 5am when I'm trying to sleep, but I feel like I can embrace it more easily now that the end is in sight.  The baby is over 18 inches long and 5 1/4 pounds, which makes him about the size of a honeydew melon now, but I swear I look like I'm carrying a soccer ball rather than a melon in this picture!
If you look closely at my belly, can you see the bump right in the middle?!  That's a baby butt!
On a less positive note, I found out last week that I will not be offered any maternity leave from my job, so in addition to preparing to welcome a new baby into our house, I will unemployed as of the time I deliver.  I have a whole range of emotions about this.  Obviously no one wants to be pushed out the door from their job at 35 weeks pregnant, and while it feels illegal, it's not, due to my part-time status.  I am grateful that Matt has a good job with benefits, and we don't have to panic financially, but it is still another unknown to add to the mix.  I have loved my schedule for the past 2.5 years, appreciated the special time each week that Evie has had with each of her grandmas, and enjoyed the mental challenge/change of pace of continuing to work part-time.  I'm sad to lose that.  But, in all honesty, my work environment has been terrible for well over a year and the work itself has been unfulfilling.  I'm grateful to have this opportunity to spend time with our new baby and I look forward to moving on to something new when the time is right.  In the mean time, if anyone needs a part-time programmer - CALL ME! 

I can't stay sad for long with Evie around.  We had a fun and relaxing Easter weekend with our families, and we can't wait for Grandpa Tom's epic egg hunt next weekend.  Evie enjoyed it all, but her favorite part of Easter was finding the hidden eggs on Easter morning.  She had the biggest smiles, laughter, and brought the most beautiful Easter joy to our day.

Special treats from Grandma Karen - Peter Rabbit was a big hit!
Coloring eggs

Carefully dipping eggs

Our 11 eggs (only one casualty, not bad!)

Finding eggs on Easter morning

Treats from the Easter Bunny

More eggs!

She LOVED hunting for eggs, and her smile was contagious

Pure joy!
It wouldn't be Easter without a few jellybeans for breakfast, right?
Fun activity book from the Easter Bunny

Church at St. Mike's

Fun with cousins, and yes, Grandpa can pin down 4 grandkids at once!
Mommy relaxing with a nice cold glass of...ice water!
Cutie pie cousins
The expanding Guzowski family
Evie and Grandma Betti


No comments:

Post a Comment