Tuesday, April 1, 2014

32 Weeks, Maternity Photos


We're in the full swing of the third trimester at 32 weeks.  I had a visit with the midwives last week, and I am measuring right on track, despite feeling enormous.  I was happy to hear that the baby is head down, and it is likely that he'll stay that way from this point on.  YAY!  His heartbeat was good and strong, and I was pleasantly surprised to receive a packet of pre-admission paperwork for the hospital.  It was like I suddenly caught a glimpse of the finish line, which was a much needed sign of encouragement to get through these final weeks.

Our big nursery preparation this week was a new reading chair for Evie's room so we could move the glider into the baby's room.  We were worried about the idea of taking something away from her to give it to her baby brother, but Evie LOVED her new chair immediately!

She loves to visit her old chair in her baby brother's room, too, and the crib has provided hours of entertainment!


We had maternity photos taken last week with the fabulous Tara from Birdie Lou.  We first met her three years ago when she was looking for maternity clients to help build her portfolio, and we've been blessed to have her come and take pictures of our family many times since then.  While I feel a little weird about baring my huge belly for all to see, I'm trying to embrace the fact that my body doing some amazing work to grow this little human being.  Tara's work has helped me to see the beauty in all of it.











As has become our little tradition, we bribe Evie with a trip to My Little Cupcake if she can be good during the photo shoot, and even Roscoe got a doggie cupcake this time!



4 comments:

  1. Erin, I really like your maternity photographs. Looking back I am so glad I did that with Chase and I am bummed I didn't do it with Ian. Oh well. You look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsey! Evie loves looking back at the belly photos from my pregnancy with her, so that really convinced us to do it again this time!

      Delete
  2. I agree, you look fantastic Erin and Birdie Lou seems like a great photographer. Wonderful that you'll have these images.

    ReplyDelete