7 months down, 2 to go! This week was 31 weeks and also 7 months into the pregnancy. I know these last couple months will fly by, but as I look out the windows at the towering snow banks, Spring seems so far away. Our little guy is growing quickly - he's over 16 inches long now and about 3 1/3 pounds, and he's continuing to wriggle around like crazy. I have been continuing to Jazzercise and play my flute (the only two things I do for myself these days!), but I can tell my lungs are getting more and more squished and I get out of breath more easily. I am noticing that the top of my stomach and my middle back are pretty sore by the end of the day now, which I remember distinctly from last time around. I guess it's par for the course in the third trimester!
We finally have one piece of nursery furniture in place now, which makes me very happy! Kudos to Matt for assembling it with the less-than-helpful instructions.
This time of year is one of my favorites because of two exciting things: maple sugaring season and March madness (basketball). I don't have any basketball photos because I am literally going to burn my bracket, but we did enjoy lots of maple goodness this weekend! Syrup samples, sugaring demonstrations, sugar on snow, maple cotton candy, maple chocolates, maple donut...followed by Evie saying "my tummy hurts!" Yes, I deem that a success!
Evie got a new big girl bed at Grandma Karen's house and was (of course) spoiled with 1200 thread count sheets. I think I'm going to go take a nap there! Sleep has actually been a little bit elusive lately with Evie and we aren't sure what's going on. Maybe she's just getting older and needs less sleep, but who knows? She's been sleeping about 10 hours at night (formerly she'd sleep for 11 or so), and her naps have gone from 2.5 hours to barely 1.5 hours most days. I shouldn't complain because she's still a very good sleeper, but I'm having to (reluctantly) adjust to having less free time during the day.
Evie is both looking and acting so grown up, and we've begun looking into preschools for her for the fall, just for a couple mornings each week. We visited two schools yesterday that we really liked, and we have a couple more to visit before we make a final decision. Part of me is sad about sending her to school and giving up some of our time together, but at the same time I can tell she's ready for something new, and she has even been asking us about when she can go to school. If there are any local parents who have preschool suggestions, please send them our way! And, here are a few more random photos of our big girl from the past week:
![]() |
| Musician in training! She asked us to get the music stand out for her while she played harmonica and wore her princess dress! |
![]() |
| Blue jelly bean effects, getting ready for Easter! |
![]() |
| Sitting like a big girl at Aunt Pea's house |
| Hot chocolate date with Mommy downtown |







No comments:
Post a Comment