Tuesday, March 11, 2014

29 Weeks, Toddler for sale

Here I am in all my glory at 29 weeks.  Why are so many maternity tops made with horizontal stripes, by the way?  I'm feeling large, but not too bad physically.  Except for yesterday morning.  I got some crazy idea that I could unload the dishwasher before eating breakfast, but my body didn't agree, and I had to go running to the bathroom with morning sickness.  Yes, at 29 weeks.  UGH!!

Evie was interested in "belly shots" this week, and we got a couple cute moments of her giving her baby brother some love.  One of the things I am most excited about is to see Evie with her little brother when he arrives.


Here's one perk of pregnancy that I was happy to take advantage of last week.  There, I said something nice about pregnancy for a change!

And, here are a couple quick photos of the nursery paint job.  It's looking pretty bare and sterile right now, but we ordered the crib and hope to order a couple of other pieces of furniture in the coming weeks to create a cozy baby boy room.  We are also getting closer to a decision on a name (no, we aren't revealing it yet!).


We kicked off our church's season of Lent last week with Ash Wednesday.  I took Evie to mass, and she was thoroughly confused about the tradition of getting ashes on our foreheads.  I had tried to explain it to her on the way to church, but the funniest thing was when we got there and she asked (loudly), "Where are the ASSES?"  (oops - Evie hasn't quite mastered the "sh" sound yet).

Evie has been a handful this week, and I am wondering if this is normal for her age or if she's getting sick (she always gets grumpy when she's sick).  We've had meltdowns, screaming, and crying many times every day, and yesterday we experienced our first epic toddler meltdown at the grocery store (while I was trying to say hello to a friend, of course).  I was at a loss for what to do, so I drove the darn car cart to the wine section (like any good mother would do) and gave her quite the whisper/shout talking-to.  We recovered enough to finish our shopping, but I was left wondering what happened to my agreeable and happy child?  

Here are a few better moments from Evie's week:

Practicing her sewing with Grandma Betti
Modeling the outfit that she picked out and put on all by herself.  And yes, I took her to "ass Wednesday" mass in it!
She's in this phase of getting a "very strange drink of water", where she prefers to drink out of anything except a cup.  In this case, it was a measuring cup from the kitchen.  I have no explanation for the headphones!
A hot chocolate date on Church Street - this was Evie's first whipped cream experience, and she decided she LOVES it!

We had a little bit warmer weather over the weekend, and we were able to get out for walks on both Saturday and Sunday, which kept Roscoe and our visitor Sophie very happy.  We were a little bit of a circus, between my waddling, Evie in the jogger, and 2 sniffy hound dogs with leashes getting tangled, yet it reminded me how much I've missed the fresh air and peacefulness of going out for walks.  Hopefully more of these days are coming soon, but with a forecast for 10-20 inches of snow this week, I'm not so sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment