Whether you call it nesting or cabin fever, this week I looked around our house and saw a long list of things to do. I saw stains on the carpet, dingy baseboards, hand prints on the walls, and we needed to get the nursery ready! Gaaaaaah! Is this what happens when you hit the third trimester? I guess it is for me!
With that motivation, we spent some time over the weekend starting to get the nursery ready, and with Matt and my dad's efforts, the painting is now done! I will admit that I didn't love the color at first (I might have cried), but now that it's done, I'm really happy with it. Here are some "before" photos, and you'll have to wait until next week for the "after" photos.
I will say one good thing about pregnancy since I seem to have a lot of complaints - I am really enjoying Old Navy's Active line of clothing. Their workout clothes are really comfortable and breathable, and the lack of good workout clothes was a huge pet peeve of mine last pregnancy! Unfortunately, I have been having some hip pain after exercising lately, so I have to be sure to take things low-impact as my joints and ligaments loosen up for the arrival of our little guy.
We have all had a bit of a cold over the past week, and this is how Evie spent her "sick day" - vegging out on the bed with Roscoe and a pile of pillows and working on puzzles. I am thankful for my schedule so that she can have these days at home when she needs them, even though I was a little stir-crazy by the end of the day in the house!
Sadly, a sick kid usually equates to a grumpy kid, and even a fun bath makes her cry! Oh wait, was it because I got soap in her eyes?!
Oh, and we've had a kind of funny (but not so funny) problem. Evie has the worst smelly feet! She doesn't like to wear socks, so she'll wear her slippers or Crocs around the house, and then we'll catch a whiff of her feet. YUCK-O! We've been having to give her nightly foot baths in the sink, which she thinks are pretty fun. I'm a little worried for the teenage years!






No comments:
Post a Comment