At 27 weeks, I'm bidding goodbye to the second trimester and entering the third. While it feels like May is never going to come, it also feels like we have a million things to get ready in such a short period of time. I had my lovely glucose test last week, and I passed with flying colors (hooray!). I also had a visit to the midwives, and we heard the heartbeat and I'm measuring right on track for the due date at this point.
 |
| Anyone who has consumed this knows how bad it is! Thank goodness that's over! |
We got an awesome package of baby boy items from Great Aunt Mary this past week, and it made us both so excited to snuggle our little guy. She makes the most beautiful things, and we are grateful for her generosity. Somehow she knows just when we need a pick-me-up.
And now here are a few of the less flattering images of pregnancy...ha ha! I don't want you to think it's all sunshine and butterflies around here.
 |
| Mama's HUNGRY! (I had to slouch because it hurt to sit up straight...my friend Jenny referred to this as sitting like a walrus, and that's exactly how I felt) |
 |
| My suspenders arrived! Now I look really good when I wear my unzipped snow pants. Hey, at least they aren't falling down anymore! |
We tried to get out and enjoy the weather this weekend, but it wasn't so nice. Evie at least had fun pulling Matt around on the ice, but I miss the nice snowshoeing weather!
I think Evie has had cabin fever, because she has been asking to play "swimming pool" lately. Sometimes she wants to wear her bathing suit and set up towels on the living room floor, and sometimes she wants to swim in the bath tub and play with pool toys. This is a girl after my own heart - I miss the pool too!
Evie's developing language skills have also kept us laughing. Here are a few of our favorites from the past couple weeks:
- Me: "Oh darn, we're missing two puzzle pieces." Evie: "Are you kidding me?"
- Evie: "Oh, my bath hat! I've been looking high and low for that!"
- Grandma: "Evie, do you have to poop?" Evie: "No, do you?"
- Evie: "What the heck is that thing?"
And here are a few other highlights of our week (other than watching Olympics, of course!):
 |
| A visit from our friend Jenn |
 |
| Grandma days |
 |
| Can I get a nomination for parents of the year? |
 |
| Snuggling Sophie |
 |
| Evie-sized drum set, created by Daddy |
 |
| Little drummer girl (we need to work on a better chair for this setup!) |
No comments:
Post a Comment