Baby Boy is 24 Weeks, which puts him at 1 1/3 pounds and over a foot long (the size of an ear of corn). I feel more antsy to meet the baby this time around, maybe because I know the joy that will come when I can hold him in my arms. Evie has been telling people that she also has a baby in her belly, which I can understand, but it elicits some strange looks from the grocery clerk and the neighbors! In case you were wondering, she tells me she's having a girl.
It's high birthday season in our family, and so far we have celebrated Grandma Barb and Daddy's birthdays. Happy birthday to two very special people in our lives!
Matt was out of town with the St. Mike's choir for the weekend, so I had to be the solo parent for three days. It was a tough pill for me to swallow, knowing that I used to go on this rewarding trip and make music with our friends, and physically I can't do it right now. I know I am doing an important thing by growing a human, but sometimes it makes me really sad to miss out on things I used to so enjoy. Needless to say, I was grumpy. I was not looking forward to solo parenting since I'm still tired and feeling so/so in the mornings, but Evie was on such good behavior all weekend that she made it easy and I really loved my time with her. I wish I could say the same for Roscoe (ahem...who ate a whole bag of homemade dog treats while we were out at the store?!).
![]() |
| Helping make coffee |
![]() |
| Tucking Mommy into the toddler bed |
| Lunch date while Daddy was gone |




No comments:
Post a Comment