The little man is 25 weeks now and continuing to be a busy boy in there. I have felt pretty good as far as the nausea goes, but over the weekend, I was really tired. I never know if it's the baby having a growth spurt or if it's just my body reminding me to slow down when I overdo it. I'm trying to respect my body's signals, even though I have no patience for slowing down!
This week, he is about the size of a rutabaga, and my mom happened to have one in her fridge, so I decided that rather that just talking about the vegetable comparison, I'd go ahead and model it! The rutabaga seemed kind of small when compared to my girth, but it felt heavier than I expected.
We had another round of birthday celebrations this past week, and Evie is especially enjoying all the wrapping, singing, and cake!
Paula and Matt both got some Under Armour gear, so they decided they should pose like the UA models!
Evie also had her first visit to the dentist this week. She tagged along to Daddy's appointment so that she could check it out, and she was feeling brave enough to have a ride in the chair and let the hygienist count her teeth. What a big girl!
Speaking of being a big girl, she is Miss Independent, and she wants to do everything herself.. When we drive in and out of our neighborhood, she knows the names of every street and tells me which turn to make next. She insists on washing dishes (I'm not going to get in the way of that!)
...and I swear she gets cuter by the day!
We had some family fun outside over the weekend, although I have a major gripe with pregnancy winter gear. I have to wear size XL snow pants completely unzipped right now when I go out to play with Evie. It's so bad that I ordered a pair of suspenders from Amazon, and I'm counting the days until they arrive! It's also much harder for me to trek through the snow between the ill-fitting clothing and the bulky physique. Ughhhh...these are the things about pregnancy that make me whine and miss feeling "normal." One thing I read that made me feel better about my physical limitations is that you burn 216 calories per hour playing with a toddler, and you burn 238 calories per hour walking the dog. For all the days I've been unable to get my normal walk in, I'm glad to know I'm not completely losing out!
Matt also had a gig over the weekend, and my mom was kind enough to babysit so that I could go hear him play. Baby boy was a big fan both of the rehearsal (note the headphones on my belly), and of the gig itself. And, despite being the pregnant lady at bar, I still had a fun time!









No comments:
Post a Comment