Tuesday, November 26, 2013

2.5 Years Old, 2nd Trimester of Pregnancy



I am 14 weeks along with baby #2, which makes me officially in the second trimester.  The baby is 3.5 inches long and roughly the size of a lemon.  I am feeling about the same as last week, which isn't horrible.  I still feel nauseous when I first wake up, and it takes me eating 1/4 of a PB&J sandwich and waiting about an hour or two to feel human.  Since I'm not a morning person, this makes it extra challenging to get up every day!  Fortunately, as long as I don't get too hungry, I'm okay after that for the rest of the day.  To all you women who "feel great the whole time" you're pregnant...[insert expletive]...just kidding, but don't take it for granted!  I have my next visit with the midwives this week and I'm looking forward to hearing the little heartbeat again.  I am also finding myself more anxious this time around to feel the baby's movement - I was about 16 or 17 weeks when I felt Evie's first movements, so hopefully it won't be much longer!

Speaking of Evie, she had her 2.5 year checkup last week, and she did great.  She wasn't happy at first, and got very weepy when we had to take her shoes off to have her stand on the scale.  Matt and I looked at each other, thinking, "Oh boy, this is going to be a long appointment!"  She got more comfortable once we were there for a few minutes, and surprisingly, she didn't even cry when she got her flu shot at the end!  I don't think she realized what was going on, because she asked me later on in the day if she still had glue on her leg.  For whatever reason, she thought the flu shot syringe looked like glue and didn't notice the big needle.  Her growth and development were all right on track, and she is now 37.5 inches (91st percentile) and 27 lbs 12 oz (38th percentile).  We rewarded her with a trip to My Little Cupcake afterward!
This is what happens when we ask her to "smile!"


Another thing that Evie has been up to lately is asking the classic "WHY?" questions.  Here's a typical Monday line of questioning that can devolve into the most unanswerable questions:
Evie: "Where did Daddy go?"
Mommy: "He had to go to work."
Evie: "Why did Daddy have to go to work?"
Mommy: "Today is Monday, so it's a work day."
Evie: "Why is Monday a work day?"
Mommy: "Well, that's just how our world operates.  Lots of people go to work on Mondays."
Evie: "Why is today Monday?"
Mommy: "Yesterday was Sunday, and Monday comes next."
Evie: "Why was it Sunday?"
Mommy: "Evie, let's go play! [before Mommy goes crazy]"

We had our first snow storm this past weekend, and we bundled Evie up like the Michelin Man to brave the freezing cold.  She doesn't mind the cold temperatures, but Daddy almost froze to death!

Wind chill: 4 degrees
 After that, we spent the rest of the weekend doing warm indoor activities!



Future IBMer?
It should come as no surprise that Daddy wins the award for the most creative indoor play...he and Evie created a play-doh movie, complete with their own sound effects!



And, we wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!  I saw this on facebook, and I had to share my sentiments this season.  Who else is jealous of my elastic waistband for Thursday's big meal?  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment