The pregnancy is rolling along at 15 weeks, and the baby is about 4 inches long now (no wonder I'm getting a belly!). Even though I've generally been feeling okay, yesterday I threw up, making it three times I've gotten sick this pregnancy. I just got too hungry before lunch, and as soon as I started to eat, I knew I was in trouble. We had a checkup with the midwives again last week, and we had a moment of alarm when our midwife was unable to find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler machine. She was very calm and reassured us that it's most difficult to find the baby's heartbeat at this point in the pregnancy, because they have a lot of room to move around and swim away. She got us right in for an ultrasound to confirm that everything was okay with the baby, and we were reassured as soon as we saw this little face appear on the screen:


The ultrasound technician warned us that we have a very active baby, and we may have our hands full after he/she is born! Uh oh...I guess we got spoiled with Evie being such an easy baby! We also scheduled our "big" ultrasound where we will find out the gender of the baby for December 30th. I'll have to start a baby poll so you can all cast your vote on whether it's a boy or a girl. We certainly have our guesses, although I'm torn between wanting another girl (so we can reuse all the pink stuff) and wanting to have the experience of having a boy.
After the appointment, it seemed that winter and the holidays arrived all at once. Vermont turned into a beautiful winter wonderland, and we spent Wednesday afternoon/evening baking pies for Thanksgiving and playing in the snow.
 |
| Snowball fight! |
 |
| Frosty |
 |
| Hot chocolate and marshmallows |
 |
| She's earning her keep at an early age |
 |
| I'm feeling extra hot with my snow pants that don't zip! |
Thanksgiving was relaxing, and we went to Aunt Boo Boo and Uncle Corey's house for a delicious mid-afternoon meal. The only unfortunate thing is that Evie came down with a cold and was not feeling great for the feast, but she was a trooper, especially since she had to skip her nap that day!
 |
| Sick girl |
 |
| Having a popsicle always helps her feel better |
We are now looking forward to Christmas, and we've gotten a couple of our Advent decorations out. Evie does not get the concept of doing one thing each day...she wants to add ALL the ornaments to the Advent tree and eat ALL of the chocolates in her Advent calendar in one sitting. Some day she'll appreciate these traditions, right? I know I remember doing these things as a kid!
 |
| Just one, Evie! |
No comments:
Post a Comment