Happy Birthday to the very special Grandma Betti today! We are blessed to live nearby and enjoy her company often, and we will have fun celebrating together tonight.
I had some "help" baking Grandma's birthday cake, mostly with the frosting. The entire time, Evie kept asking, "Can I may have a taste test?" I finally caved in, and it was all downhill from there, but it sure was fun! However, giving her chocolate frosting right before bed may not have been my best parenting decision, as I listened to her sing songs and kick the wall in her bedroom for an hour after we put her to bed. Oops!
Good thing Grandma has taught her about good dental care (even flossing) at an early age! She needs it after all the frosting she consumed.
Here are a few other highlights from the week:
 |
| Happy Housewarming to Aunt Boo Boo and Uncle Corey! |
 |
| Grandpa Tom has FUN toys! |
 |
| Roscoe continues to be top dog in our house, don't worry! |
Baby #2 News
Baby #2 is 13 weeks now, which makes it the size of a peapod (3 inches) and I am in the last week of the first trimester. Hooray! I have been feeling slightly less exhausted lately, and I don't have as many food aversions as I was experiencing earlier in the pregnancy. I'm not convinced that the nausea is over yet, but it is nice to be able to enjoy a meal and have some foods taste good again. I have broken down and started mixing some maternity pants into my wardrobe, especially on work days, since I'm sitting all day. I can still get by in a couple of pairs of jeans on the other days, but I'm not sure how much longer that will last. It seems like all of a sudden, this belly is popping out!
 |
| We got these cute stickers for my belly photos each week, but you can't really read them in the photos! |
I forgot to include our first two "baby pictures" of Baby #2 last week. Ultrasound photos from 7 weeks and 10 weeks.
 |
| 7 weeks little peanut |
 |
| 10 weeks looking much more developed |
Here are a couple of my pregnancy indulgences from the week:
 |
| Beer for Matt, apple cider for me, but the color match was uncanny! |
 |
| Homemade mini doughnut muffins. I have died and gone to heaven! (And I even had the energy to bake them!) |
 |
| Someone else thinks they're pretty good, too! |
I love those stickers!
ReplyDelete