Thursday, May 5, 2011

Quick update - no baby yet!

I just had a midwives appointment, and here are the latest stats: I'm 2-3 cm dialated and 75-80% effaced.  My belly measured at 40 cm, which is where I should be for just about 40 weeks pregnant.  This is all good stuff, and it indicates that my body is doing just what it needs to do to bring Evelyn into the world.  She is in a great position in my pelvis, but still a little high, so I've been instructed to sit on my birthing ball and sway my hips a lot to encourage her to move down.  I think I'll hope for some good Latin songs at Jazzercise tonight!  :-)

We'll do our best to keep everyone updated when anything happens, but it could still be another couple of weeks...if you have any fun things to distract me in the mean time, that would be most appreciated!  Fun websites, etc?  Anyone???

1 comment:

  1. You could always met a new little girl for some encouragement! She knows the tricks to get things moving :)

    ReplyDelete