Well, well, well. I think we have a strong-willed child on our hands already. Today is the official due date, and 9 months ago, I really didn't think it would just be another day at the office for me! I have Roscoe here to keep me company, and I've been wondering if this will be his last day at the office with me for a while. I hope so, because there are some pretty boring meetings that I don't want to attend next week! Since Jazzercise didn't seem to jump-start anything last evening, we'll go out for a nice walk at lunchtime and hope for the best. Matt and I are trying to continue on with our normal routines as much as possible, making flexible plans to see friends and family to keep us busy until the big day.
Since my appointment yesterday, I've been feeling about the same, with the only changes being some weird temperature fluctuations and a little bit of achyness in my stomach. I'm not sure if I'm just over-analyzing things now that I know I've started dilating, or if there really has been a shift in what my body is doing. Only time will tell! At the appointment yesterday, my midwife estimated Evelyn to be 7 lbs. 12 oz., so she's certainly grown since last week. Hopefully she comes out soon so she can wear those cute newborn outfits before she outgrows them! The baby center email tells me that she's the size of a pumpkin, and it kind of looks like I have a pumpkin under my shirt these days, too!
Matt also heard on the news last night that 6 of the planets visible to the naked eye are aligned right now...that seems like a good sign, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment