Saturday, January 1, 2011

22 Weeks - Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!  It's now the year of our daughter's birth, with a little over 4 months to go.  She is the length of a spaghetti squash this week, which reminds me of my awesome college roommate, Shannon, who used to cook spaghetti squash when we lived together.  At the time, I never would have imagined comparing my firstborn child to such a vegetable!  That makes her about 11 inches long and 1 pound in weight.  I feel her moving around a lot, and her kicks are getting more pronounced.  It's still hard to feel them from the outside, but Matt has been able to feel a few little movements!

We have had a nice week off from work here, enjoying time with family and friends.  It's been especially nice for me to be able to take a nap nearly every day and sleep in a little bit, and get out snowshoeing a few times!  And, we had my cousin's family visiting with their 3-month old son, Bryson.  Here's a photo of Matt practicing his childcare skills:


I feel like I'm starting to get much bigger, and I'm outgrowing weird things, like my bathrobe!  I have moments where I get really freaked out by the lack of control I have over the whole process, but fortunately, I have other moments of clarity where I realize my body won't be shaped like this forever.  Here are the 22-week belly photos:


I have my next doctor's appointment this week, which should be a routine check-up to hear the baby's heartbeat, check my weight and blood pressure, etc.  I'll let you know how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment