Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas and 21 weeks

Sorry for being late in this post.  It's been quite a whirlwind of Christmas celebrations over the past week!  I am now 21 weeks along, and the baby is approximately the length of a carrot.  I've been feeling lots of movement from our little girl, especially when I sit down to relax.  I've noticed she's most active after I eat and after I play my flute, which are 2 family traits I'd be happy to pass along to her!  :-)  I am feeling pretty good, but I still feel yucky in the mornings most days until I've had something to eat. 


We had a great Christmas week, seeing all of our various family and friends, and we are lucky to have my cousin, his wife, and their 3 month little boy visiting with us now.  It's been fun to have a baby in the house and get a preview of what our lives will be like in 6 or 7 months.  We're happy that Roscoe has been very good with the baby so far, too.  He's curious and likes to sniff the baby, but he hasn't been overly freaked out about anything.  Unfortunately, he's quite interested in dirty diapers and breast milk, which makes for some awkward moments!

Here are my 21-week belly photos, taken on Christmas Eve, but you have to cut me some slack.  All the other belly photos were taken in the morning, and these were taken in the evening.  I swear my belly grows 2 sizes over the course of the day!


We have been overwhelmed by the love and generosity that everyone has shown us and our little girl so far.  She got so many beautiful and thoughtful Chrismas presents, including a hand-knit blanket from her Aunt Kristine!  Having all these little girl clothes and toys in the house is making everything seem more real.  I have also been feeling very loved and taken care of by everyone, which I really appreciate!  We tried to start our registry yesterday, but we ended up looking at stuff in the store and getting kind of overwhelmed by the choices.  We're going to talk to some of our friends and family who have recently had babies to get some ideas on the most useful and necessary baby items, then we'll try again with the registry!

No comments:

Post a Comment