I just got back from my doctor's appointment, and everything is good, but I am measuring big (26 cm with the measuring tape thingy). I guess you're supposed to measure roughly the number of weeks that you are pregnant, which in my case is just about 23. In case I didn't feel like a walking pumpkin already, this was kind of a blow to my self-esteem. The midwife's words were, "Oh look at that belly, you've really blossomed!" She didn't seem concerned about the size, because she told me that babies have growth spurts, even in the womb. I had actually noticed that my belly seemed much bigger over the past couple weeks, but I had attributed it to the Christmas cookies. When I get measured at the next appointment, if I'm still measuring big, they'll consider doing another ultrasound to be sure that everything is ok with amniotic fluid levels, etc. At least we know there aren't twins in there! :-)
Of course, this brings out my worry-wart tendencies, but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and focus on the fact that I feel good, and I can feel the little girl moving all around quite often every day. The other good news is that this is the first week I can say I've really felt good. I haven't had any morning nausea (FINALLY!), I haven't thrown up for about 3 weeks, and I'm hoping this will last for a while!
Erin, maybe we could get together and somehow you could give me some of your belly so I would be bigger!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it "worry-wort", not "worry-wart"?
ReplyDeleteAudrey, I sure I wish we could work that out, too! It's funny how each person grows so differently during pregnancy.
ReplyDelete