Friday, January 14, 2011

24 Weeks with a uterus the size of a soccer ball!

I don't know about you, but I think a soccer ball is fairly large.  I now have an organ inside of me that is that big!  I guess it needs to be that big since baby is as long as an ear of corn (almost a foot long) but it is still a little startling how much is happening in my body to accommodate this little human.  She is going to be filling out more and more over the coming weeks, and she is a very busy girl in there.  I notice her moving around most often after I've eaten.  Hmmm, do we have an eater on our hands already?  I hope so!  The movements are quite pronounced and can be easily felt from the outside of my belly.  So far, only Matt and our niece Carly have laid their hands on my belly and felt the little kicks.  Here are the belly photos from this morning:



Unfortunately, my week of feeling great only lasted a week.  This past Sunday and Monday, I resumed feeling fairly yucky, and every morning this week has been the old routine of praying that I'll get my breakfast down and keep it down.  I wasn't a morning person before I was pregnant, so this is getting to be a drag.  Consequently, I've been kind of whiny (my condolences to Matt!).  I know I shouldn't complain, but sometimes I just want to have my old energy level back without feeling sick every morning, having an achy back, puffy ankles, and a face that's been breaking out since September.  I'm lucky to have an awesome husband to encourage me through all this and pick up the slack around the house when I'm not feeling my best. 

I did have a couple fun things going on this week - first, my aunt was visiting from South Carolina, so we enjoyed spending some time with her!  Here's a "girls photo" from last weekend:


Secondly, I had lunch with two pregnant friends from high school, and it was great therapy.  We had fun chatting about our experiences so far, and I also got some awesome tips on baby registry items from the experienced mom in the group.  Matt and I are going to try and get going on that again this weekend (if I'm not napping!).

1 comment:

  1. Um, I think it's okay to complain! Pregnancy takes a toll!

    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete