Friday, January 21, 2011

25 Weeks - wowza!

Today marks the 25-week mark for the growth of our little girl.  I'll go ahead and jinx myself once again, but I've been feeling pretty good for a couple days in a row this week.  I'm resigned to the fact that the nausea will probably come and go for the rest of the pregnancy, so I'm just grateful for the days that I feel good.  My one complaint of the week is that I'm not sleeping as soundly as I used to.  I think shifting positions is a little more of a chore and it tends to wake me up, then it seems just as I'm falling back asleep, the alarm goes off. 

The baby is continuing to be very active in there, and Matt and I saw the outside of my belly move from her kicks when we were at church on Sunday. It looked like I hiccuped, but I didn't!  I've been listening to lots of classical music on my drive to and from work, as well as continuing to play my flute, so I feel like she's getting good exposure to music (of course, she'll probably be a soccer player instead!).  We haven't been reading to her or talking to my belly much, because that seems kind of awkward. 

We are starting to feel like there's a lot to get done before the baby arrives.  Call it nesting, or just call it planning, but we are trying to pick out bedding and paint so we can get the room ready soon.  We have a lot going on over the next couple of weeks, but we've set a goal of having the room painted and the furniture put together by early March.  We still need to pick out a name, too!

According to my BabyCenter email, this week the baby is about 13.5 inches long and weighs about 1.5 pounds.  Her weight is roughly equivalent to that of a rutabaga, and she's starting to put on some more fat (everyone loves a chubby baby!).  Maybe I'm in denial, but I feel like I had a huge growth spurt around Christmas, and now the growth has been a little more slow and steady.  You be the judge - here are the belly photos for this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment