Thursday, November 18, 2010

The belly is expanding

Well, I think my belly is officially starting show (you can judge for yourself when I post a 16 week belly shot tomorrow). I can't tell if it's because I'm wearing more maternity clothes, or if it's really growing faster, but I've had at least 5 people at work tell me how cute my belly looks in the past couple days. At least they're complimenting me, huh?

I moved all my regular pants into the guest room closet last weekend, and last night I moved all my sweaters into a plastic bin in the basement. The maternity pants and sweaters are in the everyday rotation now. For some reason, it made me kind of sad to bid goodbye to my old clothes for a while, but it's also fun to have a new wardrobe to wear!

I think I'm feeling a little bit better, so the midwife's suggestion of high protein snacks must be helping. I've been eating a lot of almonds, trail mix, greek yogurt, cheese, peanut butter, and cereal with milk. If you have any other high protein snack ideas, please let me know, because I'm starting to get a little burned out on my current rotation of snacks!

1 comment:

  1. I had a suggestion from a friend to drink protein shakes like ensure. They were so helpful and saved me more than a few times from the nausea. I couldn't do the chocolate as it gave me heartburn, but I like the vanilla!

    ReplyDelete