Tuesday, April 8, 2025

The Infirmary

It's been a long week of various sicknesses in our house.  Evie went down first with a sinus infection that has really hung on, and then Matt went down next with some awful flu-type sickness (body aches, chills, etc.).  Noah's on the edge of coming down with something, and I am feeling okay so far, but a little paranoid!  Thankfully, yesterday was a turning point for both Matt and Evie, so hopefully this will be a better week for everyone.  We were lucky to have a fairly healthy winter, and I've forgotten how tiring it is to navigate back-to-back sicknesses in the family.  

Evie's April Fool's joke was a welcome bit of comic relief  - "DAD! There's water running out of the washer!"

Consequently, we don't have many fun adventures to share from the week!  It was a week of sticking close to home, making food for some friends, watching basketball, and our first trip to Sweet Scoops for the season!

Homemade soup (enough for an army!)

First Sweet Scoops outing.  It was a little chilly out, but it tasted great!

A cookie as big as his head

Another bit of comic relief - our nephew Elliot built a double-decker bike and brought it over to give us a demo ride.  He is a creative genius!

Game food for the Final Four


Finally, on Sunday, I thought the fresh air would do us some good, so the kids and I walked around Indian Brook with Frankie.  They both had to sit and take a rest a couple times since they weren't feeling great, but we made it!  I had a moment when I realized I have turned into my mom - I used to get so annoyed when she'd make me go out for a walk when I was sick as a kid, and now I'm doing the same thing to my kids!  Frankie ran around like a complete maniac, running zoomies through the woods, and she swam a little despite it being freezing cold.  Fresh air was definitely good for the soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment