We had another warm couple of days, so we did a few more "last time of the season" things. I visited an orchard and tried the infamous "Dreamee" which is a hot cider donut topped with maple creemee. It was just as delicious as it sounds! The kids biked for another "last" trip to Sweet Scoops, Matt finished up some outdoor projects, and he also helped Carly move. And, believe it or not, the weather finally turned cold and we got a little bit of snow on Sunday night! It's always exciting and beautiful at first.
Congrats to Evie on her first band concert of the year! It has been a tough transition this year, because there is a new band director after the much-loved Mr. Stone retired at the end of last year, and Evie isn't having quite as much fun as she did in previous years of band. The group sounded great for the concert, though!
Unfortunately, I was struck down with illness mid-week, which ultimately ended up being strep throat. Let me tell you, it knocked me for a loop for two days, and I was so thankful to get the antibiotics to help me feel better. Matt and the kids kept the household running smoothly for me while I was in bed!
 |
| In bed for 2 days. Not fun, but I had a very loyal companion by my side! |
Thank goodness I was feeling better by the weekend, because it was a busy one! There was a school dance for Evie on Friday, Colby's birthday on Saturday, and some family time with the Wolcotts on Saturday and Sunday.
 |
| Evie and her friends before the dance |
 |
| Family time with the Wolcotts and Grandma Karen |
 |
| Happy 17th Birthday to Colby!! |
 |
| Happy early birthday to Leia! |
 |
| We surprised Leia with a little birthday party while she was visiting! |
 |
| Guzowski cousins |
Lastly, we got some of our family photos back, and we are so happy. Jenn at Studio 2N does a fantastic job, and we are always glad we took the time to get photos done!
No comments:
Post a Comment