I can finally say that I've cooked a turkey...well, a turkey breast, but that's close enough! I never imagined I'd cook my first turkey dinner because of a pandemic, but this year has had lots of firsts. We traded side dishes with my family, so we didn't have to do a ton of cooking for Thanksgiving, and we got to enjoy the wonderful smells and a full meal with about 10 delicious side dishes. We connected with some family via Zoom in the morning and others for an outdoor, distanced Turkey Bowl football game earlier in the day, and a game of Bingo via Zoom after dinner. Noah said he hopes that Thanksgiving can be like this every year, but it was really the Turkey Bowl and Bingo that he loved! Evie was more sad about being apart from our family, although she liked setting the table and helping with the ambience, and she loved the Bingo game. All in all, it was a special day in a different way.
 |
Apple Pie time
|
 |
YUM!
|
 |
Cute napkin holders made by Evie's friend Lottie
|
 |
Family Bingo Zoom
|
 |
The wishbone split right down the middle!
|
Since the kids were on vacation for the whole week, we had lots of time together since the kids couldn't play with friends, family, or grandparents during their time off. We played a ton of board games, put up our outdoor lights and the first couple of indoor Christmas decorations, spent some time outside, and enjoyed some lazy mornings in our PJ's.
 |
Guess Who? was a favorite for the week
|
 |
Noah made a "photo booth" and wanted a pic with Mom
|
 |
Helping with dinner
|
 |
Noah set up a "Winter Carnival" in his room with games. It was adorable!
|
 |
Enjoying some time in the woods
|
 |
Visiting with Nana Mil through her window
|
 |
Noah created this welding set (he is obsessed with tools right now)
|
 |
Our teeny upstairs balcony tree (don't worry, the big downstairs tree is coming next week!)
|
Evie had a cooking class with her Girl Scouts troop over Zoom, and I was so amazed that she made a full pan of lasagna! It was a delicious treat for all of us, and she was very proud of her yummy creation.
Frankie liked having everyone home, but she had some serious cabin fever since we weren't even going to school drop-off and pickup. I took her out for play dates with some of her favorite buddies - Cherry and Millie, and we also did our first off-leash hike in the woods. Matt and I couldn't get over the fact that she wasn't running away like Roscoe would have done. When we called her, she came (and was rewarded with lots of treats!), and she loved romping around freely.
 |
Frankie and Cherry
|
 |
Frankie and Millie - it's hard to tell these two apart!
|
 |
We got a good laugh when Frankie tried to get in the tub with Noah. The fun was over when she jumped out and landed on my lap with her wet paws!
|
 |
Finally tired out
|
 |
Mom, am I too big for this chair?
|
 |
Loving the off-leash freedom
|
 |
Proud puppy
|
 |
Golden hour in the woods
|
After getting really tired out, Frankie was snuggling with me in the chair, and she continued to snooze there after I got up. I had a flashback to Roscoe sitting regally in that same spot for so many years. We still miss that crazy guy...and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been a fan of Miss Frankie!
No comments:
Post a Comment