Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Hanging at Home

Pardon the language on this one - but I couldn't resist buying this beer that so accurately summed up my mood!


Our adventures from this week have been mostly at home.  Thankfully with stores and schools still open, there is a sense of normalcy amid the social isolation.  We have gone out for a few walks and hikes, and we bent the rules a bit to see Grandma Betti open her gifts on her birthday last week - outside, distanced, and masked.  As we approach Thanksgiving, Matt and I will figure out how to cook a turkey for the first time ever (!), and we will trade some of the side dishes with my family to disperse the cooking a bit and share the same meal, even though we won't be able to eat together.  We will embrace a simple celebration and look forward to being all together next year!

This used to be the dining room table...during the day, it's our conference room!

Cinnamon buns for Grandma's birthday


Super yummy birthday cake for Grandma

Happy Birthday to Grandma!  (Noah couldn't resist a hug)


Noah doing some work at his workbench

A fresh blanket of snow


This is one of my guilty pleasures when it's cold out - laying by the fire!

Evie and Noah performed a concert for us - it was pretty good!

Football in tree - uh oh!

Back to the game


Checking out a cool dirt pile at the end of our hike


Frankie's big accomplishment was graduating from puppy class last week!  We have lots of work to continue to do, but she made a lot of progress in those 6 weeks.  Frankie has also been losing more teeth, and this time they're molars!  They're huge...and we found one of them in our bed!  She had her latest vet checkup and she is now 25 lbs., and she had her final round of vaccines.  It is so much fun to watch her grow!



Frankie loves to be on my feet...a little tricky when I'm cooking in the kitchen

Frankie keeping me company while I cook.  I always have to be careful I don't step on her!


Snuggly girl


Poor girl had a sore back leg after her shots and it hurt to lay down.  This was the best she could do!

This was the first molar I found on the kitchen floor...quite the surprise!

Giant fluffy baby loves her daddy

Tired and happy after a hike

No comments:

Post a Comment