Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Highs and Lows

Our first week of summer had some high points and some low points.  We caught up with friends, enjoyed some great music, swam, biked, and went to a baseball game.  It was a week of enjoying summertime stuff and not being bound by bedtimes or schedules.  However, a week of togetherness pushed the limits of sibling tolerance.  Late bedtimes and kids bickering over little stuff ("I wanted that chair!", "I was going to go out the door first!", etc.) left me digging deep for patience, and a 2-hour bedtime struggle with Noah on Saturday night nearly pushed me over the edge.  Luckily I only have photos of the high points!

Lake Monsters game with cousins

Grandpa Zeke has his own seat at Centennial Field...he was pretty proud to tell the kids that he used to pitch in games on that field!

 

Essex kids got to go on the field and welcome the players with Champ





We loved catching up with these old friends - I have to include a before and after of how much these two kiddos have grown!  It warmed my heart to see them play together so nicely many years later.

 


During our free week, I had the kids help walk Roscoe every day, and I tried to have at least one thing planned each day.  We stumbled upon a great kids' cooking class at Hannaford one day where the kids made homemade hummus, mango salsa, and ranch dressing.




It wouldn't be summer without some pool days, and Friday delivered the perfect day.  To top things off, the ice cream truck even came by in the afternoon to bring refreshments! 

Flagging down the ice cream truck



The weekend was mostly rainy, but it was good weather for enjoying some music.
Our first hot air balloon sighting of the year (on the way to hear some live music)

Enjoying some treats while listening to Jerome's jazz music.  A great summer evening!


We got to see Raffi at the Flynn!  He is such a gifted performer!


Here's to a new week.  Maybe we'll find our stride by the end of summer?!  Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment