Tuesday, August 29, 2017

That's a wrap


Well, it's official...wah-wah...summer vacation is coming to an end.  I always struggle with this transition time, changing gears back to waking up early, a more rigid schedule, and less free time.  We had the chance to visit Evie's classroom and meet her teacher last week, which alleviated some anxieties, although I will always have my mom worries (will she like her teacher? will she have nice friends in her class? will she have enough to eat during the day?).  The other big change this year is that Noah is starting preschool.  He is so excited, but as the first day has gotten closer, he has needed more mommy hugs and I think he can sense the change coming.  Or maybe he can sense that Mommy needs more hugs!  The hard thing about sending him off is imagining the empty house.  Both kids will be gone.  Where does that leave me?  I'm sure in a week, I'll be celebrating my free time, but for now it feels really sad to see my days at home with the constant company of little ones coming to a close.

Keeping ourselves busy and having fun was the name of the game for this last week of summer - Wildflowers camp for Evie, play dates, park trips, biking, scootering, fishing, and of course, the end of summer ritual - THE FAIR!



















Last but not least, we celebrated Grandpa Tom's birthday!  Happy Birthday to a very special grandpa!



No comments:

Post a Comment