Thinking about last week makes me shudder. It was a rough adjustment to summertime/no routine, and add a couple sick kids and a sick mom to create the perfect storm. I'm not proud of the number of times I lost my temper with the kids. One day, we got all suited up, sunscreened, walked to the pool and got downpoured on within 5 minutes of arriving. Another day, we packed up and met friends at the park, then had to leave when Noah was threatening to hit every kid that walked by him while saying, "I will hit that kid!" and shrieking when I gave him a time-out at the park. Evie was grumpy, and met every request of mine with, "Ugh-uuuuhhhhhhhhh!" I was feeling pretty down about being the mom of the playground bully, and frustrated that I couldn't find a way to enjoy my time with the two kids despite a lot of energy and effort. The change in routine has hit us all in our own ways.
 |
| Trying to chase the grumpies away with homemade play-doh |
 |
| Water balloons |
 |
| Evie and William having fun at the park (Noah was probably threatening to hit someone) |
 |
| Strawberry picking after the park failure |
Thankfully, the week ended on a better note when we got to spend some time with friends, which helped my sanity more than anything (thank you Erin and Kelley)! Swimming, Lucy's mermaid-themed birthday celebration, and a family bike ride all lifted our spirits. One cool thing that Noah has been doing lately is pointing out letters in our day-to-day life. We were having a bite to eat at Sweet Clover the other day, and he looked up and said, "Look Mommy - O for Noah!" He's been pointing out the letters in his name, so if he notices an N,O,A, or H anywhere in the world, he is very excited.
 |
| Evie got some Yoga lessons from Kelley |
 |
| So happy to hang out with our friends! |
 |
| Twinning! These two are the cutest. |
 |
| Evie working on her handstand at the pool |
 |
| Ice cream stop after a good bike ride |
 |
| Evie and "Shelly" at the mermaid party |
 |
| New week, new moods. Hooray! |
 |
| Playing like angels. I am not taking this for granted! |
No comments:
Post a Comment