One of the beautiful things about Evie being in school is that I have some time to enjoy each of my kids as individuals. This past week, I went on Evie's first field trip to Chapin Orchard, we went to her open house at school, and Matt and I got to spend the whole day on a retreat at St. Anne's Shrine with Evie and our SMC friends over the weekend.
 |
| Open House displays |
 |
| I'm so proud of this entry in Evie's weekend journal to answer the question, "What did you do over the weekend?" |
 |
| Evie's first school picture...not the best! |
In the rest of my time, Noah and I have spent a lot of time visiting construction sites and parks. He would sit there all day and watch the trucks at work. We also make music together a lot - he plays drums (of course) and demands that I play flute with him. His favorite songs are: Colder Weather by Zac Brown Band, as well as a wide variety of church songs that he has heard at mass (Gloria, Somebody's Knocking at Your Door, Holy Holy, Alleluia, This Little Light of Mine). Every time we get in the car, Noah asks for a set of drum sticks (drinking straws) and wants to listen to Colder Weather. It's pretty funny to hear him sing and play along! We've been going to music at the library most Fridays, which he loves, as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment