Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!

We bid goodbye to summer by enjoying a few of our summertime favorites before the weather turned cooler: swimming, watermelon, maple creemees, and outdoor tea parties.  



Tea party out back
Despite all the smiles, Noah was incredibly challenging last week with his screaming, hitting and defiant behavior.  I lost my patience way too many times, and I was also really sad that I couldn't find a way to turn his rotten behavior around.  The one small victory I had was hugging Noah tight and singing "You Are My Sunshine" after a particularly bad meltdown, and he just laid his head on me and kept asking me to sing it again and again.  

The big event of the week was the Color Run.  Evie had begged me to sign her up for it after she watched me run it last year.  I finally agreed, but I was skeptical that she'd make it through a 5K.  The morning of the race, Evie woke up with laryngitis and was coughing up a storm.  I gave her the option to skip the race, but she insisted she was fine.  And she was right!  She ran a good portion of the race, and we finished the 5K in 42 minutes.  Evie was so pumped, and this mama was pretty proud, too!  

We met up with a bunch of my cousins who also did the race.  I like to think Grandpa Hank was smiling down on this crew!
We also had fun celebrating a couple birthdays last week - Grandma Karen and Roscoe (10 years since we adopted him!).


Roscoe singing along to his birthday song
Then and now - but I think he looks more relaxed these days.
Our kids love technology, and Evie has been working on her mouse skills while she does some activities for school.


Ballpoint pen, the new hair accessory
Enjoying a little screen time
Foggy fall morning

Sunday AM at church

Evie's adorable new dress from her dear auntie. Perfect for Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment