Tuesday, October 25, 2016

A new week

We are happy to put last week behind us.  Both kids had colds with a hacking cough, Evie had a full body rash, then she came down with the stomach bug and headache, followed by a high fever.  Thankfully she had a four day weekend to take it easy and regain her energy before going back to school, and the rest of us (miraculously) avoided the germs.
Poor sick kiddos
We always appreciate my mom's help, but we were so indebted to her last week.  While Evie was in the midst of being sick, we had the funeral for Father Mike and no backup options for childcare.  My mom watched four kids, including our two sick kids so that we could play with the St. Mike's choir for the funeral.  It was one of the most powerful, prayerful experiences I have been a part of, and it reminded me of how much love I have for the St. Michael's community.  I am also filled with gratitude for my family in always supporting our mission there.
Our tremendous choir and ensemble at Father Mike's funeral last week
Despite several difficult days, we salvaged a few nice moments during the week.  We also had our first parent-teacher conference for Evie, and we were very proud to hear a great report from her teacher.  I'm looking forward to volunteering in her class in the coming weeks!
A Mommy/Noah visit to Chapin before the apple season is over.  He was a great apple picker!
Playing in the leaves

Visiting Daddy's office on a rainy Saturday
We were desperate for some fresh air after three days of rain, but it was COLD at the park!
Our view of the snow-covered mountains.  No snow at our house yet, but I'm sure it won't be long.

No comments:

Post a Comment