Tuesday, October 6, 2015

16 Months-ish


Well, it's a week late, but I did realize that my poor second child is 16 months old now.  Time for some photos and milestones for his "baby book!"

  • He understands a lot now, and is starting to respond to instructions, like "Sit down and we'll get your shoes on" or "Can you put these blocks away?"
  • He can communicate pretty well between talking and pointing, and the screaming phase seems to be subsiding.  My favorite new phrase is thank you ("tah-too"), and he's also been pointing out all the trees ("teeeeeeeeeeeeeeee")
  • He has 10 teeth - 8 in front and 2 molars that are just coming through on top.
  • Sleep is finally great (I hope this doesn't jinx us!).  He usually sleeps from 8pm-9:30am (or sometimes even 10:30!).  Sometimes there is one wake-up around 6am, but otherwise he sleeps straight through.  After a sleepless first year with Noah, we are very thankful for the sleep.
  • Noah is also a great napper, and he usually sleeps for about 3 hours every afternoon.
  • He is OBSESSED with drums.  I took him to music at the library, and he was mesmerized by the drums.  It's the quietest I've ever seen him.  Daddy is proud!
  • Favorite activities: music, playing outside, reading books, coloring, taking things in/out of containers, playing in the play kitchen...and then going back outside.  He can't get enough!



  • He insists on feeding himself most foods, so mealtime is a little messy. 

  • Favorite foods: cheese, milk, yogurt, summer squash, potatoes, homemade muffins/pancakes, banana, hummus, peanut butter, goldfish, popsicles, applesauce.

It's funny to me that we think Noah is so different from Evie, because I just looked back at her 16-month blog, and it turns out that they were both doing very similar things at this stage!

Even though this post is mostly about Noah, we still think Evie is pretty cute, too!

We had time for a few Fall activities over the weekend thanks to our schedule being a little quieter lately.  The last outdoor farmer's market was on Friday, and Saturday was a perfect day for hiking.  We were surprised how far Evie hiked on her own and how much she loved it.  Noah, of course, enjoyed the trees.  It was great until I came home and found a tick embedded in my leg.  EGADS!!!  Thank goodness Matt was calm, because I was not.

Last farmer's market activity of the year

Family hike

Playground time after hiking
The Fall sunsets have been magnificent!

No comments:

Post a Comment