Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Apples, Pumpkins and Color Run

Continuing with the embracing Fall theme from last week, we have started doing some of our favorite Fall activities.  We made our first trip to Chapin Orchard for apples, a hay ride, and of course, cider donuts!  Noah loved walking around like a big boy, and we had to watch him carefully because he wanted to pick up (and eat) all the apples from the ground. Yuck!
We also made a trip to get our pumpkins at Aunt Judy's farm with the Riggen cousins.  The picture doesn't do them justice, but these pumpkins are ENORMOUS!  The kids all loved trying to find the biggest one.  Should be an adventure when we are ready to carve them!

The September b-day celebrations have continued, and we celebrated Grandma Karen's birthday last week (with a bit of a powdered sugar explosion), one more birthday celebration for me, and Roscoe's 9-year adopt-a-versarie.


Evie made Roscoe a birthday crown with his estimated age of 11 years old.  Pretty good!

I celebrated Fall in a different way on Saturday, running in the Color Run 5K.  It was lots of fun, and despite the fact that it was an untimed run, I am still happy to know that I can run a 5K without keeling over.  It was a beautiful day, and a really fun scene.  There's a reason they call it the happiest 5K on the planet!
 


 I seem to have a lot of pictures of food this week.  It's something we enjoy in this family!  Evie likes to be creative in helping whenever she can.
Evie's pancake nutella sandwich with sprinkles (LOTS)
Evie's homemade pizza - she rolled out the dough and added sauce, cheese and toppings herself!
Noah likes to help feed himself, and hands down, potatoes are his favorite food.  He has also been into yogurt, bananas and homemade applesauce lately, but there are times when he'll refuse every food I offer him.  He must get that trait from Matt, because I'm pretty sure I've never refused food!



 And last but not least, our laugh for the week.  Matt arrived at school to drop Evie off, and they realized he had driven all the way from our house with a sippy cup on his bumper.  I'm glad to know that it's not just "Mom Brain" - clearly, "Dad Brain" is alive and well, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment