I'm happy to report that Evie had an awesome first week of school. She was excited to go, and she loved being there for the full day. She even took a little nap during rest time, which improved her mood for the whole evening after we picked her up. It's amazing what a difference there is between last year and this year!
In the midst of Evie's first week of school, we went to the fair - TWICE. Most people can barely handle going to the fair once, but we had free passes to get in, and Evie is at such a fun age for the fair. Seeing the magic of it through her eyes as we rode tons of rides, ate our fill of greasy junk food and played carnival games was priceless. She would come bounding off every ride and say, "AGAIN!" And, Noah loved the sheep tent, people watching and Al's fries (of course).
 |
| We had salad for dinner after we got home! |
To round out the week, we celebrated my birthday on Sunday with my family, and it was in the middle of a gorgeous holiday weekend. Is there anything better than that?! Matt spoiled me by taking over all parenting duties for the day, letting me veg out at the pool for the afternoon, and made sure I was well "hydrated" (wink, wink!). I have, however, been feeling my age, because I managed to injure my lower back (thank you, Noah), so I have spent a lot of time icing my back and visiting the chirpractor over the past week. I also broke a crown on my tooth. No more bad luck, please!
 |
| Birthday cheers at the pool! |
We hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend! Here are a few other photos from the week:
 |
| Evie and Annabel enjoying a perfect pool day |
 |
Playing fruit/veggie memory at the farmer's market
|
 |
| Captain America boys before Evie's bike ride to and from Sweet Clover Market |
 |
| A nice cool treat after a big bike ride |
 |
Evie thought I looked comfy while icing my back, so she decided to keep me company
|
 |
| Noah lounging like a "dude" - that's one of his new words this week! |
 |
Noah soaked up his time home alone with Mommy while Evie was at school!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment